Sunday, July 27, 2008

Fun summer activities




So we signed Madeline up for swimming lessons with some of our friends!
It is through Liz Walker's SwimKids program. We all get in the pool and have a parent-tot lesson for 30 minutes!
(Cami Shipp, Molly Pearce, Sarah Gardner, Kristen Anderson and myself)





I have loved watching Madeline get more comfortable in the pool! We play circle games in the water and they will eventually learn to turn onto their backs if they ever fell in the water unattended... it is a survival skill that I cannot believe babies can learn! They actually had it on the news a month ago~!

Madeline now can go under water and hold her breath! I love it!

My mom and sister bought her this piano before she was born. They thought it was fitting for Madeline to have her own piano! She loves it!

Actually, I do have a cool story about the piano. About 2 months ago, Madeline was acting a little different. She was more fussy, and would cry the saddest cry ever. She was getting up in the middle of the night, and not eating... Of course this all happened while Dave was out of town. So finally on Sunday, (this had started around Friday) I figured that something was probably wrong... (I know all of you moms are reading saying~ duh! EAR INFECTION... I know, I know.) Anyway the only thing that would calm her down was when I sat down to the piano with her in my lap and played for her! Instantly she calmed down!!! That was a complete reward for practicing hours and hours a day while I was pregnant! I had always hoped that she could hear me playing the piano while she was in my tummy, and I think that day I realized she could!


It turns out that both of her ears were infected! Ouch!




Posted by Picasa

No comments: